Regardless of the reason, shifting from one city to another is a confusing experience at best. There are endless things to consider, including a new place to stay. However, what needs foremost attention is shifting the goods, household stuff and personal belongings. If you are confused about finding a reliable long-distance mover, here are the 9 steps you can follow.
- Make a shortlist. Ask around or check on Google to find the best movers in your city. Professional movers like ADF Express usually have their own websites, where you can find all the relevant details.
- Ask for an estimate. When you call a mover, they will send in their experts to see the stuff to be shifted, and they will also ask a few basic questions. Depending on what you require, you can expect an all-inclusive estimate.
- Don’t settle for the cheapest quote. Just because you have found a service that fits your budget doesn’t mean you choose it right away. Check some of the other things mentioned on this list.
- Check the basics. Is the company licensed and insured? There are inherent risks while shifting things from one place to another, so you need to be sure about the extent of their liability in case of an unfortunate incident.
- Ask for insurance. For long distances, you don’t want to take unwanted risks for your valued possessions, so check for insurance options. Transit insurance is more than essential, depending on the final value of your belongings.
- Experience counts. Moving, packing and shifting stuff is one industry where experience is a critical factor. You want to be sure that the company has been in business for at least a while, so that their credibility can be checked.
- Request references. The best movers never shy away from offering references, and they will ensure that their prospective clients all the relevant details in advance. Call up a few to know their experience, or simply check for reviews on Google.
- Check for other things. Some movers can store your goods for a small fee in the new city, before you find a place to shift everything. Additional assistance for this sort is quite valuable in certain cases.
- Know their team. Not all moving companies have handlers on payroll, so check for that in advance. You don’t want to damage your goods knowing that the mover doesn’t have a team of experienced workers for handling things.
Check online and shortlist a few choices now.