If you’re renovating your house or redecorating your kitchen, you must consider installing granite kitchen countertops by Everest Granite. The reasons to do so are many and the best ones are listed below.
- Granite is super strong and resilient to hot water. This makes the granite kitchen countertops strong and they enjoy a very long life when maintained properly
- They come in different colors to choose from. The best ones include – aspen white, colonial white, moon white, matte black, chocolate brown, and safari brown
- They are easy to clean and their maintenance cost is quite low. Thus, they prove to be extremely economical in the longer run. Precisely, they are worth the money you spend
- They can be cut with machines as well as hands and can be made thinner as well as thicker. The choice will, however, come down to your budget
Moving further, granite stone can adopt 3 unique finishes and the features of all the 3 types are given below.
- Polished Finish – This granite countertop is ultra-reflective and highly smooth, with the glare as clear as that of a mirror. It also brings out the best of colors and can be simply cleaned with warm water
- Honed Finish – This granite countertop is not reflective. It has a porous texture, yet, at the same time, it is smooth
- Leathered Finish – This granite countertop flaunts the modern feel of reflective and rich colors and is smooth too. At the same time, it conceals cut and design imperfections like the honed finish do
How To Take Care Of Granite Kitchen Countertops So That They Do Not Lose Texture And Shine?
Undoubtedly, the life of a granite kitchen counterpart will be long since it is infused with sturdy solid quartz mineral. But that doesn’t mean it will enjoy the same color and texture richness that it had when it was new even if you do not care about it. In other words, granite kitchen countertops aren’t install-and-forget items. They need maintenance to relish a new-like finish. Though, the good thing is that the maintenance they need is minimal and least expensive. The simple tips are given below.
- Do not expose the surface to sharp objects intentionally thinking that it’s scratch proof. When used as a chopping board for long, the color of the granite starts getting dull even if the surface remains unscratched
- Do not forget to wipe the granite surface with warm water after cooking to ensure that there’s no stain accidentally left behind
- Protect the granite surface from coming in direct contact with oil. This is because oil, when not cleaned immediately, leads to the formation of stain marks on the surface