Decorative epoxy floorings are more popular now than ever and currently come in a variety of differing styles, offering an impressive combination of practical and aesthetic uses and benefits. It has already been used for many years now on a diverse range of floors. If you’re looking for decorative flooring for your surroundings, be it in busy retail, office, reception, showroom, food industry and many other places where an impressive aesthetic overview is a necessity, make sure you have selected the right floor to enhance the appeal of your location, be it in Winchester, Eastleigh or Southampton. Decorative floors can definitely make all the difference in many other places and even at somewhere like your home, so make sure you know what you want before making that right choice.
Reasons for Decorative Flooring
- Strong protection – High-traffic finishes with industrial-strength chemical and abrasion resistance, makes this kind of floor able to resist oil, grease, unexpected weather conditions and many other spills that can end up ruining other kinds of floors
- Perfect for heavy loads
- Versatility – can be used in a whole range of surroundings
- Easy application, fast-curing systems available
- Easy to maintain—no waxing or re-polishing required and stops the creation of dust
- Skid-resistant options that do not interfere with aesthetics
- Works with most substrates and does not absorb liquid or dirt
- A selection of colours, creative combinations, decoration and pattern design options
- Maintains its mechanical functions over a wide temperature span
- Guaranteed quality assured and long lasting results
How it’s Laid and What is Epoxy Flooring?
Epoxy coatings are used as industrial floor coatings because of their chemical resistance, durability, low porosity and strong bond strength. For Decorative Flooring in Hampshire make sure you get the best. An Epoxy coating consists of a ‘base’ and a ‘curing’ agent. The two components are mixed in a certain ratio. A chemical reaction occurs between the two parts generating heat and hardening the mixture into an inert, hard ‘plastic’.
For those of you who want to learn about the general characteristics of epoxy resins so you can get a better understanding
Application – There is slight shrinkage during the curing process because the technique usually does not involve any separation of volatile by-products.
Adhesiveness – This is surprising and is a result of its chemical structure, which is rich in polar hydroxyl groups and ethers. Epoxy resins have high adhesive properties without any need for long exposure times or high pressures.
Marvellous mechanical properties – Superior to any other coating. The low rate of contraction reduces the possibility of tensions.
High power electrical insulator – This always a positive in such environs and ensures an even higher standard of safety
Tremendous chemical resistance – which will be influenced by the curing agent.
Great versatility – being one of the most versatile of plastics and the properties can be simply changed by varying any of the switches or curing agents.
So, if you or anybody, is looking for quality make sure to contact the professionals!